Monday, May 27, 2013

Trade Shows with Blingtime

Working with trade shows was both exhilarating, entertaining, and a lot of hard work. I soon fell in love with trade shows and the rush of selling jewelry.

Not just selling

My experience in sales is not that extensive, and I generally hate sales people, so I was hesitant to start. But I shortly found out that the concept and product would sell itself. I didn't have to worry about any sales tactics, people bought the jewelry on their own.

Learning how to demo

Talking in front of people without proper preparation isn't necessarily my forte, but perfection isn't necessarily something reached with practice. And the only practice I was going by talking in front of people. I learned how to rearrange jewelry from Stacie, the sister of Annalise- founder of Mialisia. To my surprise, it wasn't that difficult and easy to learn. I guess that means it is easier for customers to learn it!

Caramel Apples

One way to help pass the time is to get some Caramel apples from your local chocolate stand. Those apples quickly became a favorite of mine. Good thing I was making money working for Blingtime!

Trade shows and Mialisia

While the sister of the creator may not be there, designers will be able to attend trade shows. Trade shows can make more money than house parties, and can give you potential recruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment